Wednesday, September 5, 2012

JEREMIAH

I WRITE DAILY DEVOTIONALS: SOMETIMES I SHARE THEM! THIS TIME I AM!

288/365DD

Tell them this: These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.

Here in Jeremiah the LORD is very upset by the doings of the people of Judah. They simply heap upon themselves prophets and priests who tell them what they want to hear. They hollar peace to them when there is no peace. Isn't that the way most of us are, when we want our own way , we simply surround ourselves with people who tell us what we want to hear. Mostly because we do not like to have to soul search ourselves to see if there be in us, something that is not pleasing to the LORD. BUT AND IF WE READ JERIMIAH IT IS QUITE PLAIN THAT THE LORD IS UNHAPPY HERE.
He who made the Heavens and the Earth, and sends rain on the just and the unjust, and leads his people to full pastures, this LORD, WANTS OUR UNDIVEDED ATTENTION.
He does not like being below the idols, as he was in Jeremiah's Day. He knows those idols made of wood and silver and gold hold no candle to the God who created these elements of matter. He is alive and well on planet earth and he loves to talk to his people. If only His people would listen to Him.
He tells them what he requires of them. He tells them what it means to be Holy like He is Holy. He tells them what to do and what not to do. But if we have people in power who act like they have Wisdom from God, then they would be speaking God's Words to a people who need God's Word. There is no shortage of God's Words, there is a shortage of people who listen to God and do what He tells them to do, be it what we like or not.
I realize that sometimes when we do what God tells us to do, it does not lead us down a primrose path. Sometimes it leads us to a deeper understanding of ourselves and why we act the way we do. But not many people want to do as God bids them to do. Because it is not the popular thing to do. But if we really listen to God with our heart we will hear Him tell us exactly what he bids us do. No it may not sit well with the average Christian, but we are not the average Christians who are satisfied to sit Sunday after Sunday and hear God's Word but do not do them. It would require shaking us to our very foundations and no one wants that to happen to them.
I am reminded of when I was taken to the Mental Health Clinic. I really did not feel like I belonged there, BUT OTHERS DID, BECAUSE I REFUSED TO TALK, SO I WENT. As I sat there trying to figure things out in my own understanding(He says, LEAN NOT TO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, BUT TRUST IN GOD), I heard God tell me, the healthy do not need a physcian only the sick. I knew I was sick, love sick. I was falling in love with everybody. Seemed Ok to me, but not to normal people, therefore I signed myself in, not because others told me to, BUT because God told me to. People no one can make you sign a paper that commits you for help. But I distinctly heard God's Words, because I WAS LISTENING FOR THEM. He helped me by directing my path. Now no one likes to admit that the path they take may take them into lock-up. But in my case it did. Now I am not advocating everybody take the same path I took, but I am advocating, taking the path God sends you down. You will find out so much about yourself, you never knew. He is alive, He is not a dead God of wood or silver or gold, or anything that you put first before God. God is a jealous God and he will not tolerate for very long, you putting something above Himself. He will let you know in no uncertain terms, no doubt about it. He will show you where your sinning, by commiting idolatry.
Just as He did not tolerate Judah's Actions back in Jerimiah's Day, so He will not tolerate it today. He simply says, He is the God who can cause Judgement to reign down upon any people who keep on ignoring His call to righteousness, be it a person or a nation. God does not tolerate sin for very long, until He gets His cup full. YES, He does tolerate it, YES, you may get by with it, for a season, because, He is a Merciful God. Even a nation can reign on in ignorance but woe when that nation wakes up and realizes who is doing the calling.
But, OH, PERSON, do you know when He is close to getting His cup full. THEN LET US BE THE WISE ONES, IN A KINGDOM OF FOOLS, NO MATTER IF THE PREACHER OR PRIEST SAYS, I'M OK, YOU'RE OK, LET WELL ENOUGH ALONE.
NO, I CANNOT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. I CAN AND WILL, STAND UP AND SAY, READ YOUR BIBLE, AND START WITH JERIMIAH.

OTHERWISE

As Christian people it will not go well for us if we ignore the call of the Living God.

SO WHAT IF HE CALLS YOU TO DO SOMETHING STUPID, DO IT! You may not even have to do it. In my case, I had to do it. I definetly was sick, in need of a physcian. No body gets out of lock-up until the Dr. pronounces them better. But in most cases, GOD just wants to know if your willing to obey him or not. SO LISTEN TO GOD, HE IS ALIVE AND HE HAS NO TROUBLE TALKING.

lst some background. Yes, I was a Christian. God don't talk to non- Christians. He only hears their prayer for salvation lst. I had gone to church my whole life. THANK GOD I KNEW THE WORD!

PS. You know what I found out in lock-up?
I wasn't as squeaky clean as I thought I was........

later nina
more later

No comments:

Post a Comment