Sunday, December 14, 2014

YES, VIRGINIA, I BELIEVE IN TEXAS AND I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS.

 
Christmas 2014

Quietness. Solitude. Peace.
These are attributes I feel this Christmas. In my Christmas song, “Mary Lay The Baby Down,” the Angels sang, “God With Us,” this is what having God with us, means to me. No chaos, no strife, no unsettling moments during the Christmas Season, that can break the moments of Peace, God gives us believers.

We saw lights last night, and I can attest to the fact that I was very impressed with peoples' decorations of their yards. They were awesome and yes, one even had Santa Claus in a window. I waved, at him. It is very easy to believe in Santa when such people go to so much effort to decorate everything with lights even the ground itself shown 'brightly.' In my song, the Stars shown 'brightly,' and that is what I saw, everything was shown so 'brightly' that I was doubly impressed.

Yes, I was wearing my, “I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS,” shirts. It is red with Santa on it on. Yes, I felt like a believer, that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE at Christmas Time. And that is what it is all about, a sinner needing Jesus to make everything bright and beautiful. No one can deny God at Christmas Time, he gives us so much LOVE, FREELY and love makes it RIGHT.

Yes, I love the manger scene and Mary laying the baby Jesus down in the Manger, but I also loved seeing Santa in the Window at a house, that was advertising, the MAKE A WISH, FOUNDATION! They were taking donations for those kids who had a problem to make their lives better.

At one of the light shows, THE CARING PLACE WAS TAKING DONATIONS FOR FOOD. Each one had something to share with others along the way. I loved the ones that were co-ordinated with music. They were fantastic. You were told to go to a certain number on your radio and let the show begin. And the LIGHTS DANCED THEIR DANCE TO MUSIC, it was as awesome as the Nutcracker that I saw during the matinee, WITH MY DAUGHTER REBECCA AND MY GRANDDAUGHTERS, ABIGAIL AND ELIZABETH. These dancers, danced to the music that was in their heads with their bodies oozing the tempo. I truly felt blessed, like a child in a candy store. Yes, that was quite a treat to finish off a Christmacy evening along with the Hot Chocolate Mocha with Peppermint. This particular candy store offered candies we grew up with. Russ my daughter Rebecca's husband bought me a MALLO CUP, AND CHRISTOPHERS BIG CHERRY, CHERRY MASH FROM A CANDY STORE IN GEORGETOWN, TEXAS, IT WAS A KIDS DREAM COME TRUE. BIN AFTER BIN OF CANDY, TOO MUCH TO TAKE IT ALL AT ONCE.

Yes, you too would be a believer if you got to witness all of that in one afternoon. YES I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS, I AIN'T NO OLD FUDDY DUDDY. I AM AS YOUNG AT HEART AS ALL THOSE THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL YOUNG.

ONE NIGHT IN NEW MEXICO traveling to Texas, ON A VERY DARK NIGHT, WE STOPPED THE CAR AND I happen to look up and I saw a sleigh and reindeer up in the sky and I told my husband Don I just saw SANTA CLAUS AND HIS REINDEER UP IN THE SKY with my very own eyes. Nobody has to convince me now.

If that can happen in New Mexico, well things are bigger and better in Texas, everybody knows that, then SANTA CAN WAVE AT ME IN TEXAS, IN A LIGHT SHOW AT ONE OF THE DECORATED HOUSES WITH THE MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION.

THE NUTCRACKER, THE DONATIONS, THE LIGHTS, THE TEXAS BAR B QUE, THE HOT CHOCOLATE, THE CANDY AND ME ALL AGLOW WITH ANTICIPATION OF WHAT CHRISTMAS IS GOING TO BRING ME, AND WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE CHRISTMAS FOR OTHERS BECAUSE YES, ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED IN TEXAS, THEN I CAN TRULY SAY.
YES, VIRGINA I BELIEVE IN TEXAS, AND I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment