Monday, December 4, 2017

CHRISTMAS 2017


Monday, December 4, 2017

I know why I write. I am so dimwitted that I cannot talk right. Sometimes I cannot make sense when I talk. I actually have to have time to think. I hate talking on the phone or spontaneous talk on news. I cannot think fast enough to know everything I want to say. It all starts to come to me in the middle of the night what I should of said. Then I got to get up and write it all out. My thoughts on why I joined the WALBURG GOSPEL CHOIR, this year of our Lord, 2017.


WHAT the WALBURG GOSPEL CHOIR means to me: 
IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN TO ME!

I LOVE SUNSHINE WILLY OUR CHOIR DIRECTOR AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SING IN IT. He plays the accordion and wears a Bavarian costume and is a full blown character. He is from Germany but loves America and wants to stay here. As far as I am concerned, he has a won a place at the table. HE LOVES AMERICA!
He, is awesome and funny and downright good to us all. The people are some of the sweetest people I have met anywhere in my life. They are Germans but so full of love for all, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. They give GERMANY, A GOOD NAME. I love going to practice and being involved in the singing aspect of it all. I LOVE WALBURG!
I love my daughter Rebecca Jemison, who told me about the choir, she had read about it in the paper and took me to my first practice. She knew I loved to sing and thought it was the perfect solution for me. She sang with us the first time but her two girls ABIGAIL(ABBY) AND ELIZABETH(IZZY) were involved in so many other things that she has to Uber them too, that she could not keep it up, PLUS SHE IS A TEACHER TO HER HOMESCHOOLED KIDS. SHE TEACHES BIOLOGY. KEEPS HER BUSY TO SAY THE LEAST. But my 4 kids are all grown up, so those Uber years were past me, SO I COULD GO~
I love my husband Don Levins who so faithfully takes me to choir and stays in WALBURG and reads while we practice. My number one fan who loves, loving me so I can have fun at Choir. HE IS FANTASTIC! IT IS ALL GOOD! He taught computers on the Navajo Indian Reservation for 23 years until he was diagnosed with cancer. But he is so lovable and funny and workaholic, you'd never know it. He never even talks about it. Me, well, I am different. BUT THAT IS A DIFFERENT STORY, ALTOGETHER.

AND THAT BRING ME TO, WHAT I THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS.
PEOPLE I LOVE 'SANTA CLAUS'
  IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN TO ME!

HOPE: During my most intense moments of pleasure, I think about the 25th of December, CHRISTMAS. I THINK OF SANTA CLAUS AND ALL THE THINGS I LOVE THAT I MIGHT GET, AND I AM OVERWHELMED BY IT ALL. WOW! THE TOGETHERNESS OF PEOPLE WHOM I LOVE WHO GET TO VISIT AND SHARE THE HOLIDAY WITH ME.
Of course, there is always the cleaning the house, days in advance, the cooking for a crowd, AND the gift buying, LOADS OF WORK. BUT I DO SO LOVE TO DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS AND ALL HOLIDAYS, FOR THAT MATTER!
Then I love seeing all the pretty decorations people have PUT UP OUTSIDE just for this occasion and it makes it all worthwhile. The drudgery is soon replace with excitement of what I might get. YES, I BELIEVE IN SANTA. HE COMES ON CHRISTMAS. THIS I KNOW. HOPE! I LOVE IT. GIFTS-GIFTS-GIFTS. CHRISTMAS REALLY IS FUN FOR ME! I BELIEVE PEOPLE OUGHT TO LOOSEN THOSE PURSE STRINGS AND GIVE, GIVE, GIVE FOR CHRISTMAS.



 I WROTE A POEM CALLED, 'JESUS IS CHRISTMAS'.
THEN IT FOCUSES MY ATTENTION ON JESUS. WHOSE BIRTH I CELEBRATE AT CHRISTMAS. 
 IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN TO ME!
 
HOPE. During my most intense moments of suffering, I think, who knows, maybe the Lord will return. HOPE!
HOPE! WHOM WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN HE WILL RETURN.
Even so Lord JESUS, COME.
HOPE! BECAUSE OF JESUS, I HAVE 'HOPE' FOR THIS CHRISTMAS!
HOPE-CURE FOR CANCER, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE-ENEMIES WILL BE AT PEACE WITH US, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
H0PE- ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL GET ALONG, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE-RAISE FOR NEW YEAR, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE-ALL DEBTS PAID OFF, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE-ALL PEOPLE FED, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE- FOR A WHITE CHRISTMAS, RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!
HOPE- FOR EVERYTHING GOOD, PEOPLE. RIGHT AROUND THE BEND!

Nina Levins
later, more later

IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN TO ME!
Does this make good sense?
Oh well, never mind!
It don't get no better than me writing!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
2017 the year of our Lord!
What's Santa bringing YOU? 
 IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment