Friday, August 6, 2010

Privacy, Facebook & Miss Folks




It seems, the Older I get, the more I miss, People. I hate saying Goodby, but I wrote a Poem, saying, “If I were not going, I could not come you see. And I love arriving and saying, ‘HELLO.’
So I guess it’s just part of Life. Here's the Poems this reminds me of:

COMING
I've arrived with colors flying-With my wings tucked under from trying
To take off aloft-With the blowing of the winds

I've arrived and I'm not here-I've come up in the air so clear
I'm about to level out-With new wings about to sprout

I'll make it and I know it-As soon as I take up my landing gears
I don't want to make it easy-Or to assuage any fears

That I may harbor-From my very present years
Coming is really going-In reverse upon the tears

So I'll be a better person-Only and if

I leave it a better place-Than I have found it here

GOING
I'm going on to higher lofts-Up in the clouds so bare
I'll be a greater person there-Than ever I was here

Going is really coming-Or is coming here to be
For if you were not coming-I could not go you see

I hope without a doubt-That I am leaving every tear
I know I can't do one without-The other sowing sprigs of cheer

So when I close this door-And open that one over there
The tears I'll leave-The smiles I'll meet
I know without a doubt-That I am happy to be going

Or I could not be coming there

I guess I was deep in thought, at one point in my life.(now I laugh more) And I wrote, wrote and wrote, Poems, Songs, Books etc. These were just to alleviate my Need to Write so much. I use to write long letters, not so much anymore, I, Facebook, E-mail, Text, Phone and Blog now. I don’t care what, George says, about privacy in Facebook(in Ok) issue, I love Facebook and Farmville.

What Person is Private anymore, anyways? It’s just like living in a Small Town, if one person knows something about you, THEY ALL KNOW IT. I guess that is why, it don’t bother me to tell someone if I have Blue Eyes or not, by the way the Optometrist told me they were Blue. I always thought I had Green Eyes, but depending on what I am wearing, they change Colors. Anyway does it really matter?  I will even tell Gorgeous George, I have blue eyes, I'm not private, but it is self evident, if one looks at another long enough. Sometimes by looking, one can even figure out, if someone is Overweight or NOT. You can actually lose weight and people don't hardly recognize you. Yes, it is so hard to cover your Looks, but I guess it can be done, with a good Dye Job and a Hair Cut, one can look like someone else AND HIDE IN PRIVATE.OR just do it for fun!!! They might not be hiding, they might just be having 'loads of fun,' doing a changeroo!!! Which is a possibility!!!

Please realize, Blanket Statements are just that, Blanket Statements. But sometimes they do not cover the feet!

Well, I have no Privacy Issues, I write! That keeps Privacy on the Back Burner. So I’ll just go ahead and play around on Facebook. Let them that are smarter than me figure it all out. I still haven’t figured out what’s Public and what’s Private on Facebook and I quit trying. I enjoy it better that way. I figure anything written on the Web is Public Domain.

The Media makes a Man or Woman, and all of a sudden ‘George gets Private on us.’ HE IS A FAMOUS MOVIE STAR, for goodness sake, everybody loves, George.  How very Dorky. Curiosity is what makes people desire to know Trivia about another person, anyway. That is why I buy OK Magazine. To find out what, when, where and how. It’s bred into us from the word get go, when Schools want to know how to pronounce our Names, etc, etc, etc. How many Brothers and Sisters, do we have. What is our Address and Phone Number. We don’t bat an eye, we tell um. So I don’t care if Facebook, followers know I am Married. Some of my friends are Single. They are looking, but why not. It is better on the Internet than standing on the Street Corner hollowing, I’m Single. This way there is lots of visiting going on, and I get to oversee it all, for sure.

Back on Track! Not to Veer too far off the Subject, but I did anyway, this Blog was about Missing Folks. But Privacy and Facebook, just had to cover those too. It feels good to me, to address a few Dozen Problems no one has but me, or Issues that I do not even have, but could some day, Maybe, Maybe not! Besides, these Subjects do not Warrant a Blog, all by themselves, they’d each be too Short, so I joined them all. Hope no one minds, it’s a Trait of Mine to Talk about Two or Three Subjects at the same time, like Veer off the Subject sometimes into unbeknownst territory. Just thought this Time, I would use it to my advantage.

I really miss going knocking on my Friends and Families Doors. Oh, how I Miss that. Having them over for Meals and seeing them at Holidays and just gatherings because one thought of it happening. But I know all these People Miss me too. I just thought I would enumerate it, one more Time. Already faced it, just want to talk about it a little bit more. It’s not a subject that one can let go of lightly. CHEWING THE CUD, comes to mind to me. Missing people causes Loneliness, and Loneliness is a MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS, INCLUDING EATING OUT TOO OFTEN AND TOO MUCH, overbuying too much, never being able to settle down, too much. And my favorite is animals. I love animals, and they sure do help one get over loneliness sometimes, etc. So loneliness does have a habit of 'COMING AND GOING,' SOMETIMES.
Loneliness is kinda like a Cycle of Life, which I also wrote a Poem about: It also comes and it goes:

CYCLE
The wave of leaves-Float around

Sent sweeping by the-Winds abound

Hit by an adverse-Sound

Swish-Swash-Soon their aground

Sent back to the-Soil to grow

Helps to guarantee-The slow

Absorption of Life
Bursting forth


One just has to get HOBBIES, PROJECTS, AND LEARN MUSIC INSTRUMENTS, LEARN LANGUAGES, EXERCISE MORE. THESE ALL HELP. TRAVEL MORE, GET A PET. DO SOMETHING SPONTANEOUS. GET A NEW HAIRDO. Play on Facebook a whole lot.

BUT WHAT HELPS MOST OF ALL, IS TELLING SOMEONE, YOU MISS THEM A LOT. That is the beginning of Honesty, and Healing can arrive. And if one has a Disease, one has to get Healed or the wound festers. Pray first, then go to Dr, and tell them and they will give you advise as to what to do and not to do. Besides it always helps when you can talk about it.
Then there is hope of Recovery. Don’t keep it Bottled Up inside of you, Yell it out, Sing it out, Play it out, have Mad Passionate Love and Love it out. Talk to a complete Stranger about it all, thinking you’ll never see them again, laugh about it. Cry about it, HOW EVER YOU LIKE TO HANDLE THINGS, don’t let it go, a Day longer. Call that person up your Missing and just tell them. I bet you’ll find they feel the same way about you. This Shared Knowledge, is worth more than a Million to you and them. 

I hope you take this as a ‘fession,’ ‘that I am Lonely,’ MOST OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE FAR AWAY and I have a whole lot of downtime alone. I loved cooking for them, Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy-Sausage and Bacon for Breakfast, Fried Chicken-Biscuits-Gravy-Hash Browns-Tabolie-Corn on Cob, Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, Apple Crumb Pie, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Dump Cake, Banana Nut Cake, German Chocolate Cake. Oh how I miss cooking for all the Kids and Grand kids. Yes, I can cook here, but my husband and I can't eat a whole Fried Chicken etc, with all the trimmings. AND MOST OF ALL, I DO MISS, HUGGING THEM AND KISSING THEM, SEEING THEM, AND LAUGHING WITH THEM IN PERSON AND JUST GENERALLY HAVING A BLAST VISITING AND DANCING WITH ALL OF THEM. I LOVE MUSIC AS YOU CAN TELL, and I would like for THEM AND YOU, to know, HOW MUCH I MISS THEM, FOLKS. But maybe we can become Friends, because I’ve taken the first step of many, that will get me out of this ‘Pit of Depression.’ Just telling everybody, I SURE MISS THEM!!! This leads to, RECOGNITION OF A PROBLEM!!! I will tell you something, it always helps to have an audience, cheering you on. Just ask those people at Carnegie Hall. Sure I'd love to play my fiddle there, along with my Grandson, but I ain't good enough. HE IS THOUGH!!!He's 10. DREAM ON!!!I ALWAYS SAY!!!Man. never take a man's dreams away from him, that's tacky............you let them make the call on it!!! After all, a Goal is a Dream with a Date affixed to it. Jewish Hil.

And by helping me, you’re actually helping yourself the most. ‘THE NEED TO BE NEEDED,’ is a strong urge, AND that is actually the FIRST PLACE YOU NEED TO FIND YOURSELF, STANDING BESIDE A PIT, REACHING DOWN INTO THE PIT AND HELPING YOUR FELLOW MAN OUT OF THE HOLE. 

   
NOW I FIND, I HAVE NO NEED OF PRIVACY, WHEN IT COMES TO ALL THE FEELINGS, THAT ALL THE PEOPLE EXPERIENCE, ALL OVER THE WORLD.

WHO REALLY KNOWS, JUST HOW FAR YOUR REACH GOES. EVERYBODY IS A PERSON JUST LIKE YOU!
WHY HIDE IT? QUIT BEING SO PRIVATE!!!

LOSE THAT ANONYMITY, AND, REACH OUT! 
Facebook is a start!!!
LOVE NINA

MORE LATER MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment