Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!



Papa, Me, Kay, Grover & Wally-dog, leave MF.

QuoteBliss.com ‎10/29 - "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller



   My two best friends are leaving school, retiring. I really hate that. I could just cry. But you know tears, won’t change the fact. But nonetheless, that is exactly what I feel like doing, but tears allude me, now! I know things will never be the same. Our outdoor Bar B Ques, that we always had together, with several other friends, will be lacking two VIP’s. I loved having them, cause I could always count on them two, to bring several dishes, and they were always so wonderful, so was everything they cooked. Especially the Pies, Kay made. She makes Fabulous Pies, she cooks for her Daughter’s Restaurant, back home and she also makes them for the Bank, people loved to buy them. She graced our table with lots of them. I  have several of her recipes to cook, pies too. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

Me & Despina

Plus the Baklava, my Greek Friend, Despina, always made for us, all. And the Greek foods she would bring, really added something special, to our table. Then there was all the Greek meals, she would cook, for each one of my children, as they came to town, to visit. Everybody in the entire family has met, Despina. They totally, love her. She is such an excellent cook. I have to really try, she is a natural. But I got several of her most wonderful recipes, plus the Baklava and I intend to make them too. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

Our kids and Grand kids,  absolutely love her, she has sewn, so much for them over the years, they call her Grandma Despina. They loved every item, she ever sewed. She has given, so willingly, of her talents for other people, she is truly a selfless person. She is like Dorcas, in the Bible. She and I, used to meet every afternoon and sew for the family. They will miss that greatly, all the clothes she used to make for them, for she was exceedingly fast, and I, sorry to say, am not. I will continue to sew, but at a slower pace, but it won’t be as much fun, as having someone, to share the task with. But I love Music, and can always ‘blare’ the afternoon away, while sewing. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

Now, telling all of this, really makes me want to cry. But tears still allude me. I hate change. I wish it could stay this way, forever, keeping all your friends around. But then, I like all good things, forever. We’ve had loads of fun, over the years together, building one another up. We will all go our separate ways. Maybe we’ll see each other again, who knows. After all, they are only moving, and there is always the telephone. But when daily happenings, keep you busy, you call less and less, and it gets easier and easier, to put off a call, or Text, or e-mail or letter, you really need to make, for loved one's, sakes. I find that, so true. But I can say, we will miss each other terribly, well, I know for a fact, I will. But thank God for feelings. It’s a sign your alive, but most feelings are a temporary state of being. So what. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

And I will have to find new things, to occupy my afternoons, instead of visiting with the two of them. I can study more on my languages, play more on my instruments, maybe improve cleaning things faster, write more, finish all my books I have on the back burner, write Blogs more and Paint lots. Maybe I’ll find new Friends to take up the slack. That is always a possibility. But I know it took me years to find such devoted Friends, and learn how much we had in common. Despina, I have known for years, but it wasn’t until we got to know each other better, that we got to be the Best of Friends. Friendship is not easy. One has to work at it. One has to develop, likes and interests, that one has in common, with the individual. With some, Friendship comes easy, seems almost instantaneous, with others, it does not, it takes a while. But it is worth the effort and  it does work, this making new Friends. When I first moved here, I had none. One just has to stick it out. When it seems like we are lonely again, Walla, we find a Friend, to come take up the slack. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

And after all, I still have a couple of, VERY DEEP FRIENDSHIPS, here in town, that I HAVE DEVELOPED OVER THE YEARS, AND AM WORKING, ON KEEPING! They will help me, keep from having a melt down. Peggy is so thoughtful with me, and we see each other frequently, I am so happy, she is in my life, so I really need to give more, to them of my love, of myself. She is super intelligent, and we banter about health issues and family. She is a very special person. I am blessed because of her.They are both superb girls, and Sally(I am getting to know a little better as time goes on.) She is so easy to get along with and super funny. So now, I will be able to spend more time with them, develop an even deeper Friendship with each one, if I just don’t cordon myself off, and withdraw, because Life is not Perfect, and it does not go exactly the way, I want it to, all the time. Which I do admit to having done, because it is very difficult to reach out to others. But so what. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN'T SO BAD!

Like I said, I do not like Change. But Change is inevitable. When I first came here, I did not want to stay here, but I have learned, to appreciate the landscape, and enjoy painting it, tremendously. And I will miss it very much, when I leave, as I have missed everywhere we lived over the years. One gets attached to the funniest of things. The beauty of this place is astounding. And the Weather is Superb, except for the dust storms. But I missed Oklahoma, trees and grass and I hated leaving that, to come here. When I lived there, I loved being in the Country and making a home come alive with Love. I missed Relatives, I don’t get to see, some of them, hardly ever, and there is always Reunions when one can make um. But so what if you miss things. You get heavy on Friends. Oklahoma is just DIFFERENT than Arizona. I learned to plant trees here and my husband planted grass and Roses, beautiful Roses in the Desert, that blooms with Love, every time you see one. And the grass is green, front and back. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

    I say all that, to say over the years, I have had Friends, I loved deeply, but I lost contact with them. This time around, I say, I will try harder to keep the Friends I have. Cause I have moved a lot, and you lose Friends, all the time, that way. But Facebook has a way of picking Friends back up, that one knew, a long time ago. That is what is so great about the Internet. It allows us to interface with others, and even make new Friends, on the Web and new Web Friends are great. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

    I was reading today where, soldiers, go to some sort of Training Center to do Rehab, with the help of Mental Health people. Broken men, needing help, who think, no one cares. The article said, some of them,  simply cop out. 4 so far from Fort Collins alone. They say they are looked down upon, because they see a Psychiatrist. So what. Well, Society tends to like it’s people whole, but it’s actually not whole itself. So what. I see a Psychiatrist, not a lot now, of course. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

Some talked about all the pills, they have to take for anxiety, sleep deprivation, depression and pain. Some  are purposeless, can’t find their way, get depressed over damaged bodies, problems at home, slow moving Bureaucracies, bad discipline from their inferiors. And they even get addicted to some of the pain pills they take. One of them said, they have to take a whole lot of pills. But you know what. I take 14 pills a day, plus 6 vitamin pills =20 pills a day. Why not, take the pills, who knows maybe, there is a chance they will help you, even the pain pills. I take pain pills and so what if I get addicted. I am so addicted to cigs, and Sangria, that after you say that, you may as well stop confessing, any more addictions. But I have learned to accept myself, for who I am. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!  
  

THIS IS ME. TAKE ME OR LEAVE ME. AND IF YOU CAN STAND ME, THEN I HAVE GAINED ONE MORE FRIEND TO BEMOAN, AND BEMOAN THEM I WILL. We need to bemoan people. I THINK IT’S GREAT TO BE ATTACHED TO SOMETHING, PEOPLE PREFERABLY, BUT ANIMALS ARE GREAT ALSO. THEY TAKE YOU JUST LIKE YOU ARE, BUT REMEMBER THEY TAKE OTHERS JUST LIKE THEY ARE, TOO. AND SO SHOULD YOU. LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF PEOPLE. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

I am slowing down at a faster rate than I used to speed up. It takes me twice as long to do ½ as much. But so what. I just give myself plenty of time, to entertain, exercise, sing, play music, clean house, sew, knit, work in the garden, study, write, paint, have sex. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

TOO MANY PEOPLE WANT, TOO MANY THINGS PERFECT. THIS AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN. What the truth is, we all have problems, but they are usually minor ones. And so what, if you happen to have MAJOR ONES. So what? And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

We tend to magnify PROBLEMS, to such a high degree of relevancy, that it is impossible to figure out, why we are doing this. Society is the culprit I guess. THEY LOVE DRAMA, as EVIDENCED BY THE MOVIE INDUSTRY. LIFE AIN’T A MOVIE, IT’S LIFE. GET REAL-TIME FOR A CHANGE. I do love Movies, now don’t get me wrong. Just in it’s place. I write books, after all. Just remember. Society really loves, to Rev up, the rules, on you. But it gets easier, the older you grow. And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!           

    I can’t get to those men who have fought for their Country and feel like no one cares for them, for I ain’t in the Mental Health Business and that is who they are seeing. But I can write this for them. Not a one of them may ever read this, BUT WHO KNOWS, MAYBE THEY WILL, SO I WILL SAY, “I CARE, And if one does not give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD!

 But you, who are reading this, and that is pretty doggone important to me, whoever you are, that makes you, A VIP PERSON. For I really do want to make a difference in someone else's life, as well, as my family and friends, if only to let them know, LIFE AIN’T SO BAD.

And if your reading this, well, DON’T GIVE UP, THIS WRITING AIN’T SO BAD,
I’LL IMPROVE WITH AGE AND TIME!

  1. JUST KEEP ON TELLING YOURSELF AT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY,
  2. NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE FACING. 
  3. And if I don't give up, THIS AIN’T SO BAD! 
Love Nina

The heart is rich when it is content,
and it is always content
when its desires are fixed on God.

      -- Miguel Cordero-Munoz

If we are to accept the teaching of Jesus at all, then the only
test of the reality of a man's religion is his attitude to his
fellow men. The only possible proof that a man loves God is the
demonstrated fact that he loves his fellow men.

      -- William Barclay


    No comments:

    Post a Comment